Memorial Day Link Explosion
by Caleb Reading
I didn’t feel like writing individual posts for each of these articles/videos.
- This is the coolest optical illusion I’ve ever seen. Be sure to have the audio on so you can hear the instructions.
- Scientists are pervs, Part One: Mary Roach, author of Bonk, with a funny (possibly NSFW) presentation on 10 things you didn’t know about orgasms. Video after the jump (or view here)
- Another candidate for the Best Shirt Ever pantheon: Rip Out Bear Adult T-Shirt. Never bring only three wolves to a bear fight.
- I want to chillax with this guy: “Fond du Lac police continue a fruitless search for a man wearing an ape costume who has attempted to steal foam banana displays from inside local gas stations.”
- Vote for Tom Lennon or he’ll punch you in the dick. (NSFW language)
- Are Patients in Universal Healthcare Countries Less Satisfied? Some great graphs here.
- Picture Show: You Are What You Eat. Mark Menjivar photographed the contents of other people’s refrigerators. Yep. He sure did.
- Winners of Princeton University’s 2009 Art of Science photograph competition.
- Notorious B.R.A.D.Y. (mashup by FuntToob)
- How to make your own yogurt cheaply with stuff you probably already have.
- You know Hippo Rollers, the water carriers that allow people in the third world to carry 5 times more water with less physical exertion? Well Project H and Engineers Without Borders have improved the design, so now 250% more Hippo Rollers can fit in a shipping container.
- Scientists are pervs, Part Two: a probably NSFW article on the first 3-D ultrasound of an erect penis including this choice quote: “it’s the first time a gel matrix was used as an artificial vagina to allow for detection via ultrasound. […]With any luck, detection methods will allow for more and more erratic movement, and some time in the future, we may see ejaculation from the inside!” . . . Dude.